3D MODELLING | PROJECT 2
3D Modelling: Project 2
Loh Kai Xuan (0365780)
PROJECT 2
Briefing:
Fig 1.1. Project 2 Brief
INSPIRATION & REFERENCES
I wanted to go for a gothic vampire store diorama so i looked for some references.
Fig 1.2. Concept art by Darina Kai, Art Station
Since this is a gothic style fantasy theme, about a general store that is targeted towards vampires, I planed the items that will be in the store. The general design will follow the reference but the items in it will be depending on what I prefer.
Fig 1.3. Reference Images of coffin and candles
After Creating the base for the environment, I created the open coffin and 3 other variations of coffin to put around the store. I almost made candles, bust statues and a few racks.
Fig 1.4. Making the open coffin
Fig 1.5. Making the candles
Fig 1.6. Making the bust
To make it more interesting, and add more variation, I reused models from previous activities or assignment models. I editted the topology and added colour.
Next, I used append to insert the items in the store, and arranged them to fill up space.
Fig 1.8. Adding coffins to the interior
I remembered the wine glasses we did as an activity and reused it as well since it resembles glasses of blood.
Fig 1.9. Adding colour to wine glasses
After making more bottles and "merchandise" the store now looks alot more full.
Fig 1.10. Adding more items in the interior
Since I saw accessories and gloves in the original references I decided to use the week 10 activity hand, improved it and made multiple variation of hand mannequins.
Fig 1.11. Improving the hand model from week 10
After arranging the composition, I started adding colours to all the items.
Fig 1.11. Adding Material to all the interior
Then, I added image texture to the floor and some stone objects. I wanted to go for a more cartoonish style that is not too realistic.
Fig 1.12. Adding floor texture
Fig 1.13. Adding light
Fig 1.14. Adding spot light to candle
Fig 1.15. Adding warm light
FINAL OUTCOME
FEEDBACK AND EDITS
Mr. Kamal said that I don't need so many lights. He reccomended me to use 1 blue light and orange for the candles to create contrast.
I removed all the lights except 2. One for the general lighting and one more is to focus on the candles. Then I added emmission to the candles.
Comments
Post a Comment