DESIGN EXPLORATION | OFFLINE PROGRESS 1
Design Exploration: Week 8-10
Loh Kai Xuan (0365780)
TIMELINE
Week 7:
I did concept art and sketches of the 3D environment in clip studio. The kitchen layout in the animatic did not make sense in terms of the an apartment room setup. So I switched it up so it made more sense.
The concept art was focused more on the vibe and the colours of how it will look like in the final animation.
I never used grease pencil before so I also played around with grease pencil and researched on its tools. Watching tutorials on youtube helped a lot.
Week 8:
Using the sketch, I started to create the base for the 3D environment. Initially, I wanted to use the 3D render as it is.
But due to time constraints of having to learn blender shaders and grease pencil... I decided to only use the solid base of the 3D model as a reference in the animation later on. So I can trace over it and colour it in grease pencil. It will help keep both the character and the 3D environment consistent as well.
Fig. 1.7. 3D model progress 1
Fig. 1.8. 3D model progress 2
I added grease pencil outline to all the objects in the collection to give a hint of line art so it can match well with the animation later on.
Fig. 1.9. 3D model progress 3
Week 9:
Once all the models are done. I decided to animate scene 9 first. It is the scene with both background and character staying still so it would be easy to test things out.
Fig. 1.10. Screenshot from animatic (Scene 9)
In order to reduce lag in performance I exported a scene of the 3D environment with lights added to fit the mood of the scene.
Fig. 1.11. bedroom animation (Scene 9)
I then imported it as an image plane and animated the character above it. The blanket and curtain is added above so I can manually animate the cloth animation easily to match the animation style.
Comments
Post a Comment