FILM STUDIES & CINEMATOGRAPHY | PROJECT 3

 Film Studies and Cinematography: Project 3

Loh Kai Xuan (0365780)


TABLE OF CONTENTS   [Click to jump to chapter]
             

PROGRESS

WEEK 12
                
Thumbnails:
Based on my script, I decided to work on the thumbnail first. I did quick sketches on my sketchbook. I focused more on expressing how I imagined the scenes happening in my head instead of the aesthetic.



Fig. 1.1. Thumbnails


WEEK 13
 


Fig. 1.2. Week 13 Progress

               
Animatic:
I started a very messy animatic to map out the scenes, then showed it to Mr. Kannan for feedback. He said to slow down the timing of each scene then add clock ticking instead of lighting to show passing of time, that way it can show time without relying on just colour.

Progress:
I completed my storyboard with the feedbacks included then I moved on to complete the animatic. 

Storyboard:
Fig. 1.3. Storyboard




WEEK 14
We presented our full animatic this week. My animatic was not 100% complete as I did not finish the ending and the sound effects. 

Feedback:
Mr Kannan said to emphasize the sound effect of peeling potato and to add some background music. However, put it last so the music won't overshadow the sound effects or voicelines as my animatic has dialogues.


Sound Design:
After the presentation, I focused on sound. I asked a friend who is good at voice acting to help with voicing Sully, as I struggle to shout at home for the voices.

I did regret at first that I added so many voice lines but after completing it, The voices does help alot.

FINAL OUTCOME

ANIMATIC - THE STRAWBERRY CAKE:

Fig. 1.4. Final Animatic

Comments

Popular Posts